Requests from the media for additional information and/or interviews should be directed to Liz Smokowski at (303) 772-1232, ext. 225
- August 18, 2019. Bat found outside of dog show in Greely, CO tests postive for rabies.
- August 9, 2010. Cat tests positive for rabies in Fort Collins.
April 2, 2019. Two new cases of rabies were reported Tuesday in Larimer County, increasing this year's total in the county to 13, which is more than the number of cases reported in the rest of Colorado combined.
- August 18, 2018. Longmont Humane Society joined the annual, community driven pet adoption campaign Clear the Shelters. With the help of our community, LHS adopted 127 animals into new loving homes during the event. Watch a video of Clear the Shelters at Longmont Humane Society here!
- July, 2018. Rescued baby raccoon leads to Weld County’s largest rabies exposure case.
Petco Foundation Invests in Lifesaving Work of Longmont Humane Society. Grant of $10,000 will extend efforts to save more animal lives.
- Boulder County Public Health Zoonotic Disease Report, June 2018. Statewide, 180 specimens have tested positive for rabies in 2018. This surpasses total positive specimens for all of 2017. Learn more here about how to keep both yourself and your pets safe from rabies infection here. Be sure your pets rabies vaccines are up to date. Visit the LHS Well Pet Clinic to update this and all of your pets' vaccines.