The following is our Wish List of items that can be brought directly to the shelter. An * indicates the currently most needed items.
You may click here to view our Amazon.com wish list. You may click and ship directly to us from that site. Visit Amazon.com for specific items and THANK YOU for your generosity!
- Canned ground dog food
- Canned quality puppy food
- Soft Dog Treats
- Dog kibble "small bites" for feeding small dogs and providing enrichment for large dogs (Must contain No Red Dye)
- Large dog knuckle bones
- Milkbone biscuits, small or medium size only URGENT NEED*
- Creamy peanut butter for dog treats
- Large blankets (for dogs) sized to fit into a standard washing machine URGENT NEED*
- Canned Fish & Potato dog food URGENT NEED*
- Cat Harness & Leash combos for taking shelter cats for a walk
- Heavy Duty Leashes, 6 foot
- NON-clumping clay cat litter
- Durable dog toys (not stuffed)
- Digital Thermometers
- Electric Dog Clippers
- Cat beds
- Mini "disc shooters" to entertain the cats
- Lavendar extract to providing a calming environment for the animals
- Guinea Pig/Rabbit toys
- Kuranda Beds - click here to learn more*
- Small branches from willow or fruit trees for our rabbits to nibble on. No exposure to pesticides, please.
- Click here to view ourAmazon.com wish list. You may click and ship directly to us from that site.
We can only accept dog and cat food that is unopened and does not contain Red Dye. Thank you.
- Scrub brushes (all sizes)
- Laundry detergent
- Large Spray bottles
- Bleach, gal.
- Glass cleaner
- Hand sanitizer
- Liquid hand soap
- Automatic dishwasher soap
- Brooms & dustpans
- Paper towels
- Clorox Wipes
- Lawn and Leaf bags (56 gallon +)
- Tall Kitchen Trash Bags
- Working boom box CD players for music in the kennels*
- Working washing machines for the mountains of laundry our animals produce
- White copier paper 8.5x11"
- Writing pens, red & black
- Canopy for providing shade for play yards
- Gallon, Quart, Snack size ziplock bags for storing kitten food
- Feline Snoozers cat furniture for adoption kennels and colony rooms
Dog Kuranda Beds
Longmont Humane Society has partnered with Kuranda Dog Beds and the Donate a Bed Program. This program enables our community members to easily donate a Kuranda Bed to LHS for our adoptable and lost/found dog kennels.
Why a Kuranda Bed? It is the exclusive bed of choice for functionality and comfort by thousands of animal shelters and boarding kennels throughout North America because they are so durable in the kennel environment.
To donate a bed - please follow this link to Kuranda Dog Beds. Thank you for your support of happier and healthier dogs at Longmont Humane Society.
Longmont Humane Society Thrift Store
Seeking donations of household goods, clothing, kitchen items, and the like for the Longmont Humane Society Thrift Store. Please drop your new or gently used items to our Thrift Store located at 700 Ken Pratt Blvd. Ste. 216, behind McDonald's at the corner of Ken Pratt and Main Streets.